Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Reason, season or lifetime?


I received an e-mail from a friend on this topic about a week ago. This mail has been floating around the net for a long time and tho I have received it before, it still sent me to a "deep thot mode".

Could you identify who came into your life for a reason or a season?

I have a lot of instances of such wonderful people, and they normally leave an enormous amount of joy for me to get on with my life. To remain positive about the whole experiences and lessons can be rather challenging, especially when at times I am down and lost (the devil takes over the angel temporarily). Then again, there is no better way to cherish them & to take it as God's will rather than to let resentment and anger set in. Letting go is a process where only I can come to terms with such experiences, normally at my own pace. To learn to be graceful in itself is a lifetime lesson.

Lifetime relationships are by far the most beautiful of all. Then again, if one does not love oneself, how then does one expect to give anything in a relationship, let alone allow it to grow?

About a week ago, my chin area was building up some solid mini-pagoda-like acnes. It was horrible, I felt relly awful, and made a point to avoid seeing anybody at all (at the same time remained cool at work). They were starting to get out of control like some of those wall climbing plants. That afternoon, I went out lunch by myself. Then there was this young and sweet looking guy walking in to the restaurant searching for a spot. I smiled at him and after a while, he asked if he could share the table with me. We started chatting aimlessly for about a whole hour until it was time for me to get back to work. It was a light-hearted lunch. So, this guy actually made my day! I was comforted by the fact that despite my terrible and hopeless chin, there was at least one stranger (bonus point is young and sweet) who was willing to share his lunch time with me!

Speaking of which, do you think that one's bestest buddy may change from time to time, season to season, or year to year? For me, yes.

As naive as this may sound, I made a pact with my bestest buddy recently that no matter what happens between us (we are always arguing) we will grow old together and always support one another. To make it less complicated, I said "I promise you that we will grow old together no matter what happens."

Maybe I should stick to "Buddy", instead of "Bestest Buddy", just like "Good friends" instead of "Best friends". Surely there is more than one.

This leads yet to another related topic about serendipity, coincidence and accidents.

Till then, have a pleasant day.

p/s Here is one of my favorite paintings by Gustav Klimpt ~ Sea Serpents II

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oi, how could u have removed the original post? who wrote what? u cheat!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The post that was removed was an eyesore. It was a SPAM, in case no one tells you. I had read it, and could not believe the audacity. Yes, they get you everywhere, even in your blog.

Monday, September 19, 2005 6:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home