Thursday, September 15, 2005

Of Music & Mooncake


Do you go about listening a song on a repeat mode the whole day and night? Are you capable of doing it with ease and peace?

Some people find the idea horrifying while some dont even see what's the big deal at all.

I recently bought 3 CDs by 3 different artistes of which I have absolutely no idea who they are. There was a 20% discount in conjunction with the Mooncake Festival at Popular Bookshop. All are from China and each of their style is different, 1 is dreamy like Enya, another one a bit jazzy while the guy has a Bass tone. I bought the dreamy one bc she has my favorite song in it (Only Time by Enya). I thot it was interesting when she has a score titled Butterfly, the original composition by Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake. Chia Fei Chia Er (thanks to my colleague for transcribing the name) is good, altho not as haunting or powerful as Enya, a wee-bit too sharp and lacking in strength. The other one with a hint of jazz is by Su Man. Something like Emi Fujita so it is soothing and easy listening. The Bass guy, Chao Peng has 3 of my favorite songs in it - The Moon Represents My Heart, So Sweet, and Scent. I like his arrangement, good original improvisation, neat, tho a bit slow and too low, but brings out the sentimental mood in me. Maybe it is time to replay my favorite movie My Comrade starring Maggie Cheung and Leon Lai. I actually prefer his version of So Sweet as compared to Teresa Teng. Err... as usual, I only listen to a few songs on repeat mode.

Hmm... Good buy :-)

During my parents' recent visit, I bought 4 pieces of mooncakes for us to try out, all lotus paste with single egg yolk, but all different brands. After finishing all of them, we still could not decide which is good. We concluded that each is different and yummy.

People talk about 2nd stream of stable income in this world of increasing cost (no thanks to the incessant hike up of oil price); maybe I should seriously explore the potential. I mean, look at this whole mooncake business, they are making such a hit in the market, and you could tell by the number of new stalls and brands setting up each year. It is amazing to see that we even have chocolate flavor, coffee flavor, green tea flavor... what's next. And oh yes, the packaging!!! Did you notice they even have lights in some boxes, and some with flip flap openings? Amazing isnt it...

Then again, nothing beats the classic taste of lotus paste with egg yolk, yum yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home