Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Is Friendship A Licence To Put Us Down?

I guess all of us know where to go to and which friends to rely on when we are lost. Certain friends are there to help us with work related matters, some for sharing of similar interests, some for food activities, some brainstorming, some heart-to-heart talk, the kindred spirits, good-for-the-soul purposes...

The heart-to-heart talk category is the one whom we normally depend on for a shoulder to cry on. They revolve around our lives closely and always make a point to remain in constant touch. No excuses. They make it happen.

I treasure this group of friends the most as they provide me with very honest and constructive feedbacks, razor sharp they may be at times, but nevertheless respect my decisions ultimately, and always happy for me when I am happy, excited when I am, and sorry when I am sad.

Do you have friends who are in and out of your life, never gone thru the ups and downs with you or haven't seen you in troubled times, yet always question your actions/decisions if you ever met during one of those social get-togethers, hardly sharing the same excitement that you have, and nothing that you do seem right or deserving in their eyes? Their perceptions are somewhat warped, or rather in their eyes, it is the other way round. You just perhaps could not click. Nothing appears right.

I guess what I am trying to say is that, no matter what, the respect for a friend is a must, and it doesn't mean that just because we are friends, we are automatically entitled to put the friend down. One needs to know where the limit is, the boundary, when to stop. There comes a point when we need to stop talking and just be there. And yes, the other issue is, what is common sense or reasonable to you may not be common sense or reasonable to the other.

I have been blessed with a group of friends who are true to me and who are always around when I am in trouble and in need of support. Oh, Marita is one of them, my guardian angel thruout my life; and another one, my bestest buddy whom I argue a lot with, but always the one who is there for me, to cheer me up. I shall not put myself to further pressure by listing out any names further. Then again, because of the faith I have in this group of beautiful people, I am certain they know who they are and not at all offended or disappointed. They are mostly people who are very much at peace and ease with themselves, who understand the concept of self-love and self-acceptance. These are the ones who do not even bother to demand or expect anything in return. They are leaders in my eyes, people who inspire me... people who are loving, passionate, kind and compassionate... I do know that I am capable of finding out the solutions myself but it is the assurance and stand that they provide and declare that make all the difference.

It would have been good if we could have it all, both quality and quantity, but let's face it, the world isnt exactly round, and to strive for both would be relly asking for too much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Wow! What a great quote.

Monday, September 26, 2005 1:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home