Friday, October 14, 2005

Flowers Or Snails?

You know my latest freaking habit?

I have been coming home late from work the past couple of weeks. So by the time I had my fruit juice and my Korean drama, it would be about 9.30 pm past. One night I found a snail gliding away around my beautiful pots of petunias while watering them. I used my leg (with slippers attached) and swished it away. Then I found another (hiding behind the pot), and another (chewing n covered by my petunias), and decided to put things into action, so in came my spade. You know, the fun part is that you need to aim at a certain angle to carry them, then you need to flip them off properly while attempting to strike a goal... the drain hole outside my home some metres away... But yes, they r quite slimy, watery and yuckh!

Apparently snails love impatience and petunias, because the stems are soft and good for Snails' digestive system.

I thot I wont have to confront them, and tho it sort of make me feel a bit of a pinch in my heart, I had to dutifully discard them so as to protect my flowers from getting bald by the day, goodness! Some are dying! Totally unacceptable behavior, you know. Afterall, I am my Flowers' primary caretaker.

As for numbers, I think it is exceeding 10 hits.

Hmm... that reminds me of my late granny who loved gardening, and always yelling me to get her some salt to sprinkle at Snails.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, sprinkle some salts over their flesh and they'll sizzle away to the heavenly gates. but be prepared for the little pools of slimy remains... i use to do this the get rid of snails from my grandma's plants too.

Monday, October 17, 2005 3:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home