Friday, October 14, 2005

Flowers Or Snails?

You know my latest freaking habit?

I have been coming home late from work the past couple of weeks. So by the time I had my fruit juice and my Korean drama, it would be about 9.30 pm past. One night I found a snail gliding away around my beautiful pots of petunias while watering them. I used my leg (with slippers attached) and swished it away. Then I found another (hiding behind the pot), and another (chewing n covered by my petunias), and decided to put things into action, so in came my spade. You know, the fun part is that you need to aim at a certain angle to carry them, then you need to flip them off properly while attempting to strike a goal... the drain hole outside my home some metres away... But yes, they r quite slimy, watery and yuckh!

Apparently snails love impatience and petunias, because the stems are soft and good for Snails' digestive system.

I thot I wont have to confront them, and tho it sort of make me feel a bit of a pinch in my heart, I had to dutifully discard them so as to protect my flowers from getting bald by the day, goodness! Some are dying! Totally unacceptable behavior, you know. Afterall, I am my Flowers' primary caretaker.

As for numbers, I think it is exceeding 10 hits.

Hmm... that reminds me of my late granny who loved gardening, and always yelling me to get her some salt to sprinkle at Snails.

2 Comments:

Blogger Soi Chek said...

Granny used to use the ashes from the wood or charcoal and sprinkle over the snail. She told me she did this until one night she had a vivid dreaam of an old man who came along telling her that she had been killing his children. This really upset her and she stopped doing that completely. I don't know what other ways she had taken to rid her mini back garden of snails.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 7:57:00 AM  
Anonymous fly-guy said...

yes, sprinkle some salts over their flesh and they'll sizzle away to the heavenly gates. but be prepared for the little pools of slimy remains... i use to do this the get rid of snails from my grandma's plants too.

Monday, October 17, 2005 3:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home