Monday, January 09, 2006

To Believe Or Not To?

There has been more and more hype over those symbolic fengshui matter in recent years.

While one does not need to be a master to know who benefits the most at the end of the day, a lot of us still could not resist piling up our home and work place with fengshui symbols which purportedly enhance our personal well being like health, career, love, wealth, family, everything, in short.

So, today, after lunch, I dropped by this shop along Jalan Tun H.S. Lee to check out and prepare for the next coming Chinese New Year. They have their own printed references and recommendations, and they are so smart they even group the respective animal signs' lucky charms together. An average set (assuming one buys everything) amounts to about RM180 + -.

I went straight into business and scanned thru their "Must Buy".

To enhance my love life, I got myself a pair of jade mandarin ducks to be kept in my handbag, and a peach aventurine double happiness figurine. In tune with the kiasu mentality, I also got myself a Lotus Root Mandarin Duck to be placed by my bedside.

You know, the boss is very very competitive. He gives a 20% discount to everybody so that everybody feels good about their purchase when they walk away.

Oh, I overheard one of the old timers telling a lady customer, do not display until February 4th, after 9am or something, otherwise it will not be activated.

After the excitement and back at workplace, I remembered that some time last week, I said to myself "no more crazy spending this year on those lucky charms".

1 Comments:

Blogger Lin said...

Hey, I think I'm supposed to get myself a mandarin duck for the coming lunar year....

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home