Thursday, January 19, 2006

What A Nite!


On Saturday, Smurf, YH and I went to Hard Rock Cafe, Jln Sultan Ismail, to have a peep at Emi Fujita's short performance.

The place was crowded but tolerable, as we managed to get a good spot, with me sitting on the bar during her performance!

She started off with "Fields Of Gold", much to my pleasure, then "First Of May", followed by a Japanese hit, then a few others like Moon River, Desperado, Perfect, From A Distance! I was sparkling with excitement and enthusiasm, tapping on Smurf's shoulder each time my favorite song came out.

Moon River brought me back to the Breafkast At Tiffany's scene where Audrey Hepburn was sitting by the window with Cat on her lap (was Cat there?), singing Moon River before my thots started to drift away. Smurf was equally excited.

As kiddish as you may think, I immediately went outside to buy her latest album "Rembrandt Sky" and "Live In Singapore - Lullaby Of Camomile" then lined up for my turn to get her autograph. Smurf and YH followed suit with YH speechless as she said she couldnt believe she was joining me for this sort of affair.

Emi had a lady Manager sitting beside her. So I said, "when will I see you again?" She was very quiet. The Manager answered "Soon. We are planning for a concert here". After signing both albums, she stood up with a slight bow and shook hands with me.

Needless to say, back at home, I played the 2 CDs till I dozed off.

2 Comments:

Blogger 十八飞星 said...

為什么沒有來电話約我一起去觀賞。

Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:03:00 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

Haiya... wish I was in KL that weekend, tsk...

Saturday, January 21, 2006 10:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home