Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Never Wait Till Your Car Died In The Middle Of A Road

I usually feed my car whenever it hits below the quarter line, but last week I became somewhat lazy, and decided to postpone my duty.

So, on Monday morning, I had to suffer the consequences when rushing off to work in the morning, praying that my car will be OK, despite the red warning flashing near the petrol tracker. I arrived safely and everything was OK.

Then came after work. It suddenly started to rain quite furiously. Maybe up there someone is angry.

And heavy rain always freaks me out, after a car accident in the rain back in 1996.

It definitely did not help when my car is almost 10 years old and like me, quite unpredictable when driving thru a puddle of dirty water in the rain, it might just die there, like 1.5 years ago.

I pretended to be steady and started my car engine, driving down towards Jalan Raja Chulan and after some jam and long wait, I made an illegal U-turn at the AmBank building (the one with the big camel picture) and made my way back to the Shell Petrol Station about 50 m away.

You know, it was a short trip, but it was a cold-sweat, agonising, stressful, and very very long trip for me.

: pray :

*phew*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home